- The Cuyuni River Resources exploration area is located in the Cuyuni Greenstone Belt of northern Guyana and possesses an area of over 450,000 acres.
- The Cuyuni River Resources Exploration Area is surrounded by a number of historic gold producing mines and prospects such as Aurora, Akaiwong, Aremu, Peters Mine and Million Mountain that were active in the twentieth century
- All these areas are currently being re-examined and re-explored with the Aurora Gold Deposit, operated by Guyana Goldfields Inc, reported on 10 October 2007 to contain to date a total of 4.65 million ounces of gold. The Aurora Gold Deposit is located 25 km northwest of the Cuyuni River Resources Exploration Area. Sandspring Resources has measured and indicated Gold/Copper resources of 6.03 Million oz Gold Equivalent.
- Currently and for the past decade our partner, one of the largest Guyanese Gold producers is located in the Quartz stone area and has been operating in the area immediately in the North and Northwest of the Aurora Gold deposit.
- Flagship properties are located on known gold bearing zone, which have never been mined in the past and therefore all ore bodies are in-situ.